ICWC The Annual Showcase Event
Opening Statement: The “I CAN, WE CAN!” event is an inspirational and life-changing experience that aligns our members with celebrity guests and inspirational speakers who share their extraordinary stories of success. Highlighting the importance of hard work and dedication to achieving one’s dreams, I CAN, WE CAN! aims to motivate the youth of North America to set goals, believe in themselves and instill the “I CAN, WE CAN!” attitude.
Along with surprise celebrity appearances, Talent showcases, and Motivational talks our large scale community event also offers live sporting entertainment and the opportunity to connect youth with the various youth programs and opportunities across the region.
Highlights from our first annual I Can, We Can! Event – “The Tru Snoop Hoop”
- Sold out Venue over 5000 attendees
- Over 10 schools across Peel Region represented at the event
- Over 15 government officials in attendance (Municipal/Provincial/ Federal)
- Over 20 celebrities present playing in the game and more present as spectators
- Over 20 media outlets present and covered the event
- Over 500 downloads, of the I Can, We Can! goal setting App that was launched at the event
- Over 2000 hard copy of the sample I can, We Can! goal setting hard copy books are given out
- Over 4 publicly known vulnerable neighborhoods by Peel & Toronto Police present and engaging positively
- Provided a platform for over 5 local groups/artists to perform in front of an international audience
- Showcased two of Ontario’s Premier young adult basketball games – Orangeville Prep and Clarkson Prep
- Provided Peel/ Mississauga & the Hershey Centre with one of the largest Community/Celebrity Events ever
Press Release on First Showcase
Date: Wednesday, November 29 at 6 PM – 8 PM
Location: Commerce Court 30 Wellington Street West, 5th floor Toronto
Cost: FREE! but we are asking that you bring a Book or Sneakers for Donation for youth in need
How much money do you have? What are your bills? How can you use the money you do have and invest it? Are you a youth between the ages 14-18, and have asked these questions?
ICWC and Mansha Financial presents “Real Talk Finance” – What Are You Saving For? Register today online via event Brite.
✓ Provide youth with a chance to engage with and learn from individuals they can relate to
✓ Motivate youth to start thinking about finance and economic growth in a relatable way
✓ Educate youth on the importance of saving, building credit, do’s and dont’s of finance
✓ Inspire attendees to want to start creating SMART Goals and thinking about their own soft skills development plan